Saturday, 21 April 2012

The inlet manifold blanks have been pinned
to the cylinder heads. 
View from underneath, as you can see I'm not
taking chances with the cylinder head sequence. 
Initial rough shaping has taken place. 
View from another angle. 
Both manifolds taking shape. 
View from above. 
View of the compartment with added elements.
The bulkhead has been opened up with the engine
in it's more accurate location.
I've added the inlet manifold ports. 
Some nice overcast weather gave me the
opportunity to take some natual light pics. 
In this view some of the heat formed bolts and studs
can be seen, they look rather small to me but seeing
as I'm restricted by the sizes of allen head bolts thats
more or less the correct size. 
An overhead view showing the progress thus far. 
This view shows the work that has yet to be done
on the lower half of the gearbox, still some ways
to go. 
This view in particular shows the lack of detail
that has yet to be added, also the rounded lower
half is incorrect and needs to be re made. 
I've included the following images to give some
idea of the scale and size in my hand. 
This area also needs to be finished off at some stage.
Unfortunately most of the rear is invisible once installed.

Thursday, 19 April 2012

I have added the flanges to the exhaust manifold.
At this stage everything is pinned together. 
A close up view. 
The engine is starting to look like something.
I don't always work to any set sequence but add
here and there as the fancy takes me.  
The ribs on the crankcase have been sanded down 
to their more final shape. 
Overhead view, it is interesting to note that
the exhaust outlet corresponds exactly to the
opening port in the upper decking meaning that my
working drawings are accurate. This will
all be seen later on. 
Another overhead view, the opening in the firewall needs
to be cut out pretty soon to accomodate the engine which
is not in it's correct place, it should intrude into the fighting compartment. 

Saturday, 14 April 2012

Here I have turned the tubes for the engine exhaust/inlet ports.  
The tubes were glued to scrap plastic to hold them
 in place while I sanded them to fit the cylinder heads.  
The outlet tubes are being test fitted here. 
Overall pic showing the engine components so far.
The tubes have been glued to the cylinder head, the scrap
plastic will be cut and sanded off when the glue has set. 
As seen from another angle. 
shown again.

Sunday, 1 April 2012

I have added the strenghthening ribs to the engine casing,
it will be sanded to shape once dry.

Cylinder heads mounted to check fitment. 
Here is the tappet cover, the nuts and other small
details still have to be added. 
Overall shot inside the hull. 
Side view inside the hull, still some ways to go.