Friday, 30 September 2011

Some closups of the Naeder servo motor and the brake drum.

A detailed shot showing the amount of work and bolts that had to be glued down. This component was a major stumbling block for me. 

Another nice closup, there is still quite a lot of detail that has to be still added. Thanks to the wonderful sunny weather we have in South Africa taking clear pictures is never a problem.

A detailed shot of the brake drum and the brake calipers.

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Naeder servo motor in the engine compartment.

A view of the naeder servo motor inside the engine compartment. 

Looking rearwards. The space on the left hand side of the hull will eventually be filled with ammo racks.

Looking down into the gearbox compartment.
This is how it looks through the decking hatches.

Naeder servo progres pictures.

Finally I got inspired to carry on with the complicated Naeder servo motor. Here you can see I have been adding the casting protrusions for the nut fixture.

I made the smaller pistons and glued them in place. The overall shape is starting to take on definition.

The servo test fitted to the upper gearbox casting.

Now we are getting somewhere, the cylinder head plates have been glued down and the nuts and bolts are beginning to be added. The nuts and bolts are heatformed pressings taken from allenkey bolts.

Another view showing the complicated structure.

From the other side, as can be seen the rest of the cylinder head plates have yet to be glued down.

This is how it all should look.