Sunday 4 May 2014

At least this time I have added something that can actually be seen!
In case you don't see it I started adding the strengthening ribs to the auxiliary fuel tanks, I still need to glue the ones on the inner surface. I have found at least two Ebay wartime images of exploded tanks that confirm the ribs were a standard design feature.
 
Even the left hand side one can be seen in the close confines. I have removed the pulley set up for now.  
Next comes the filler ports, joining pipes and lower end feeder pipes.
I decided to wait until most of the components are in place before I glue in the nuts and bolts, otherwise I might wast my time adding these to areas that are completely hidden.  
A close up view, the intersections had to be cut and fitted to get it that way. 
Slowly, slowly the vacant areas are starting to be filled with interesting details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment